29 April 2021, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia : Travellers from 40 countries with “Variant of Concern (VOC) SARS-CoV-2” are required to under go 14 days quarantine, and can pre-register for TracAPM QR Code to experience safe and fast travel check-in and make payment for quarantine fees online at SafeTravelPass (STP), before coming into Malaysia.
SafeTravelPass or “STP” is approved by government of Malaysia to facilitate inbound and outbound travellers entry registration, payment, health test and vaccine verification, verifiable by Malaysia government system TracAPM, operated by Malaysia Civil Defence Force (Angkatan Pertahanan Awam Malaysia, “APM”).
All travellers, including those who did any other alternative payments and quarantine hotels booking can register for TracAPM QR Code at https://safetravelpass.com.my/
Variant of Concern (VOC) SARS-CoV-2 @ 28 April 2021
Ministry of Health (MOH, or Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia “KKM”) latest VOC watch list.
VOC travellers are required to under go 14 days quarantine, while non-VOC travellers are required to under go 10 days quarantine, or 7 days quarantine if PCR test report taken within 72 hours is provided and verified by Minister of Health officer upon arrival.
Quarantine “Basic” or Standard Package is randomly allocated by government upon arrival, including transport to Quarantine Station (QS), QS Room, and 3 meals a day.
Visit SafeTravelPass (STP) https://safetravelpass.com.my/ for more information.
- Travelers arriving from locations reporting the spread of Variants of Concern: On April 25, the Malaysian Ministry of Health announced a new Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for travelers arriving from countries reporting the spread of COVID-19 Variants of Concern (VOCs). As of April 29, 2021, the SOP applies to travelers arriving from 40 countries, including China, India, Bangladesh, America, and United Kingdom. Under the SOP, travelers arriving to Malaysia from countries reporting the spread of a COVID-19 VOC must be tested for COVID-19 (RT-PCR test) within three days of departure, quarantine at the assigned quarantine location for 14 days (rather than 10 days), and undergo a second COVID sample screening on the 10th day of quarantine. Pre-register your TracAPM QR Code and make quarantine payment at SafeTravelPass https://safetravelpass.com.my before coming to Malaysia.
- Travelers arriving from India: As of April 28, Malaysia barred flights to and from India. Travelers who embark from India will be prohibited from entering Malaysia, including travelers who transit a third country prior to traveling to Malaysia. According to the Ministry of Health announcement, exceptions to this entry ban will be made for Malaysian citizens and spouses of Malaysian citizens, both of whom will be required to quarantine at the assigned quarantine location for 14 days.
- International Students: International students are permitted to enter Malaysia subject to compliance with Malaysia’s Standard Operating Procedures. Pre-register your TracAPM QR Code and make quarantine payment at SafeTravelPass https://safetravelpass.com.my before coming to Malaysia.
- Expatriate Teachers: Per guidance received from Malaysian Immigration, expatriate teachers and their dependents may now be approved to depart Malaysia for the summer school holiday and return to Malaysia thereafter. Interested expatriate teachers should apply for advance Immigration authorization via My Entry. If approved, the Malaysian Immigration approval letter will be valid for 90 days, and both exit and return to Malaysia must take place within this 90 day window of validity. Those wishing to remain outside Malaysia longer than 90 days should initially apply only for exit approval, and then apply separately for entry approval once they are ready to return to Malaysia. Please contact the Expatriate Services Division of the Immigration Department of Malaysia directly with further questions at +603 8880 1449 or [email protected]. Pre-register your TracAPM QR Code and make quarantine payment at SafeTravelPass https://safetravelpass.com.my before coming to Malaysia.
- Transit: Foreign nationals may transit through the international terminals of Malaysian airports as long as they are not required to pass through immigration while in transit. Note that this could change with little notice, so please confirm before commencing travel. KLIA and KLIA2 are different terminals, and as such, travelers cannot transfer between these terminals without passing through immigration.
- Departure: Foreign nationals are permitted to depart the country; however, flight options are reduced, and re-entry may not be permitted (see entry requirements above). Malaysian citizens with a foreign residence permit, are allowed to depart, but may not be able to return without prior approval. All travelers should be prepared for additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Travelers should closely monitor the situation in Malaysia and other transit countries before travel.
- Sabah and Sarawak: Additional travel restrictions apply for travel to the East Malaysian states of Sabah and Sarawak, which have local autonomy over immigration at domestic and international ports of entry. For additional information about traveling to Sabah or Sarawak, see the information in “Movement Restrictions” below and contact the local immigration authorities directly.
Official TracAPM Launch by Prime Minister of Malaysia
Starting from 24 March 2021 all Malaysian and Non-Malaysian (foreigners) are required to register and make early payment for quarantine and PCR test.
SafeTravelPass is travellers registration, health test and vaccine verification, COVID-19 tests and quarantine accommodation arrangement service approved by government of Malaysia. This service is open to both Malaysians and non-Malaysians, to achieve safe, fast and convenient experience for travellers coming into Malaysia. Upon registration and completion of payment, travellers will be provided with the TracAPM QR code that is used by Government of Malaysia for entry verification.
Alternative COVID-19 tests and quarantine accommodation arrangement service by private party could visit Ministry of Health web site for more information.
To know more about travel information and procedures, visit https://tracapm.com
Students coming into Malaysia (General Guideline)
Students are required to undergo the RT-PCR Covid-19 Test three (3) days before travelling to Malaysia. The RT-PCR Covid-19 test result must be translated in ENGLISH so that the respective authorities in Malaysia can inspect it.
Students to register SafeTravelPass (STP) and complete the online payment for the quarantine and the Covid-19 Screening Test through STP web site (www.safetravelpass.com.my). Upon registration and completion of payment, students will be provided with the TracAPM QR code that is used by Government of Malaysia for entry verification.
Students are required to download the MySejahtera app from the iOS App Store, Google Play Store or Huawei AppGallery to complete all the required information three (3) days prior to the arrival date.
Disclaimer: Travellers shall visit and request latest update and standard operating procedure from your local embassy and travel agent. Question and Suggestions, please contact TracAPM and SafeTravelPass official support on respective website.